Drug Discovery and Chemical Biology
The Drug Discovery and Chemical Biology (DDCB) consortium is a Biocenter Finland supported national research infrastructure platform for academic researchers in Finland.
DDCB coordinates infrastructure and expertise in the areas of drug discovery and chemical biology, and makes it available to the scientific community. DDCB Consortium is chaired by Prof. Päivi Tammela (University of Helsinki) and the partner units are:
- FIMM High Throughput Biomedicine Unit, HiLIFE, University of Helsinki
- Faculty of Pharmacy Unit, HiLIFE, University of Helsinki
- Drug Design and Synthesis Laboratory, Biocenter Kuopio, University of Eastern Finland
- Turku Screening Unit, BioCity Turku, University of Turku and Åbo Academy University
- CSC – IT Center for Science
The DDCB platform provides coordinated services in assay development, chemical screening from medium to high throughput with a broad range of technologies including the DDCB-developed drug sensitivity and resistance testing platform, antibacterial screening, specialized assays for novel materials, drug testing and repurposing of drugs, virtual screening, chemoinformatics, open access to a large national chemical collection, translational support and user base education.