The Future Sustainable Food Systems research group is seeking for
POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER in Sustainability Assessment of Food Systems
for a temporary 12 months contract starting preferably on 1 Aug 2021. Extension of the contract can be possible depending on the performance and availability of funding. The postdoctoral researcher is expected to contribute to various projects related to sustainability assessment of food systems. The focus will be on environmental life cycle assessment (LCA) of agriculture and food production, including novel cell-culturing based technologies (e.g. cultured meat and microbial proteins). In addition to leading and contributing to research and writing high level scientific journal papers, the postdoctoral researcher is expected to co-supervise PhD and MSc students and contribute to preparation of funding applications. The appointed researcher will work in collaboration with the other members of the (FS)2 research group and will be supervised by the team leader Assoc. prof. Hanna Tuomisto.
The candidate is expected to have:
• a doctoral degree in environmental sciences, engineering, industrial ecology, agricultural sciences, biology, or other relevant field
• ability to work independently and as a part of a team
• fluent English language skills
• strong quantitative skills and understanding of environmental impacts
• knowledge of sustainability assessment methods (especially life cycle assessment) is seen as a benefit.
The salary of a postdoctoral researcher will be 3300 – 3800 Euros per month depending on the experience. The University of Helsinki offers comprehensive services to its employees, including occupational health care and health insurance, sports facilities, and opportunities for professional development. The International Staff Services office (https://www.helsinki.fi/en/about-us/careers/welcome) assists employees from abroad with their transition to work and life in Finland.
The attachment required for the application include (preferable in a single pdf-file):
1) A cover letter explaining the applicant’s motivation to apply for the position
2) Curriculum vitae showing the applicant's education, completed qualifications, work experience, list of publications and contact information of 2 persons for references
3) Copies of PhD and MSc degree certificates.
Please submit your application through the University of Helsinki Recruitment System via the link Apply for the position. Applicants who are employees of the University of Helsinki are requested to submit their application via the SAP HR portal, saphr.it.helsinki.fi.
The closing date for applications is 17 June 2021 (23:59 EEST).
Further information about the position may be obtained from Associate Professor Hanna Tuomisto hanna.tuomisto(at)helsinki.fi.
Further information about the recruitment process (e.g. the recruitment system) can be obtained from HR coordinator Sari Aaltonen sari.aaltonen(at)helsinki.fi.
Apply for the position: https://www2.helsinki.fi/en/open-positions/postdoctoral-researcher-in-su...