CEREN coordinates the thematic English language teaching study module in Ethnic Relations and Migration (30 ECTS) which is part of the Swedish Master programme in Social Sciences (MSV) at the Swedish School of Social Science. Our courses are also open to students of the Master Programme in Contemporary Societies (COS), other students from the University of Helsinki and exchange students.
CEREN provides the following interdisciplinary courses in English:
- MSV-ME301 Introduction to Migration, Ethnicity, and (Anti-)Racism (5 ECTS)
- MSV-ME302 Current Research in the Field of Ethnic Relations (5 ECTS)
- MSV-ME303 Advanced Specialized Course in Ethnic Relations (5 ECTS)
- MSV-ME304 Dystopic Diversity? Narrating Migration in Populist Mobilization (5 ECTS)
- MSV-ME305 Linguistic Minorities and Interlinguistic Communication, with a Special Focus on Swedish in Finland (5 ECTS)
- MSV-ME310 Thematic Seminar in Ethnic Relations (5 ECTS)
Our courses, such as Introduction to Migration, Ethnicity, and (Anti-)Racism, Current Research in the Field of Ethnic Relations and Dystopic Diversity?, are very popular among students across disciplines and faculties, receiving increasingly high numbers of registrations.
CEREN also hosts renowned international Visiting Professors. These include Shirley Anne Tate, Professor of Race and Education, University of Alberta, Canada for her course Race, Gender, and Culture.
CEREN coordinated the Master’s Degree Programme in Ethnic Relations, Cultural Diversity, and Integration (ERI) in 2008-2017.