The first international ELF Forum was held at the University of Helsinki in 6–8 March, 2008.
ELF Forum 2008
A selection of papers have been published in a thematic volume on the main themes of the ELF Forum conference:
Mauranen, Anna and Ranta, Elina (eds) (2009) English as a Lingua Franca: Studies and Findings. Newcastle upon Tyne: Cambridge Scholars Publishing. Read a description of the contents.
To our regret, we had to turn down many interesting and deserving proposals. The selection was highly limited, and given the large number of proposals we received, only a fraction of the papers fitted into the publication. However, we are happy to inform you that by permission of the authors, extended abstracts that did not fit into the thematic volume are published on this website (see below).
In addition, papers directly related to academic, business and professional life have been published in English for Specific Purposes (2010, Vol. 29, No. 3).
- Hay, Josiane: ELF: a historical perspective
- Monroy, Rafael: Speaking English as a Lingua Franca with a Spanish Accent. Desirability vs. Reality
- Roberts, Paul: A Comparison of ELF, ENL and ESL Conversations
- Sifakis, Nicos C.: Towards a transformative framework for the professional preparation of ELF teachers
- Batziakas, Bill: Surveying the Degree of Implementation of English as a Lingua Franca in Greek State School English Classes