The laboratory has multiple platforms available for DNA sequencing, aiming at providing the best, most cutting-edge combination of sequencing approaches for the varying needs of our customers.
The DNA sequencing service is intended for all customers in universities, research institutes and companies. We are performing both conventional Sanger sequencing and high-throughput sequencing. The source material should be good quality DNA or RNA. Contact petri.auvinen -at- helsinki.fi or martyn.james -at- helsinki.fi for more information.
Note! Sanger sequencing ordering system changes!
We will move our Sanger sequencing ordering system to Agilent's iLab Operations software. We aim to have our iLab ordering system fully operating by end of November 2020.
You need to be registered to iLab in order to be able to do an order request. If you already have an iLab account you are able to use the ordering system directly.
How to register for an iLab account:
- Go to iLab HiLife login page https://hilife-infra.ilab.agilent.com/account/login
- All University of Helsinki and other Finnish university and research institute users should sign in using HAKA credentials
- During registration, you will be asked to enter your contact information and select your PI/Lab/Research Group from a dropdown menu
- If you are a PI you do not need to register - your account should be created by our financial integration and you can log in with your HAKA credentials
- If you do not see your PI on the list - please reach out to iLab Support firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request an access to your PI/Lab/Research Group from the upper-left-hand corner. Select Manage Groups and click Request Group Access
- Registration event is complete when your PI has accepted your access and added a WBS(s) for you to use. You will get a Welcome email from iLab within one business day and thereafter you are ready to use iLab.
Please start using iLab from now on.
Lars Paulin, Pia Laine
DNA Genomics and Sequencing