SPOTLIGHTERS is a project that aims to inform educators and students of the potential long-terms effects of stress and provides them with the competences to reduce these potential complications from arising. The project brings together experts in the fields of neuroscience, teacher development, and education technology and is funded by the ERASMUS+ Programme of the European Union. It runs from September 2018 until August 2021.
The key outputs are:
- Spotlighters - The Science of Stress Student Lessons – A set of three classroom lessons helping students recognize the physiological signs of stress, identify potential stressors, and plan and practice self-regulatory responses.
- Spotlighters - The Science of Stress Teacher Workshops - A set of two workshops that teach educators how to deliver the Spotlighters Student Lessons and contribute to the development of their teaching practices.
- Spotlight – Teaching Support Tool - A web-based application for educators to use in their classrooms that functions to support teachers in helping students transition into an active learning state and manage their stress..
- Spotlighters - The Science of Stress MOOC – A massive open online course (MOOC) helping students recognize the physiological signs of stress, identify potential stressors, and plan and practice self-regulatory responses. The MOOC complements the classroom lessons.
- Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Spain: Marc Beardsley and Milica Vujovic
- Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain: Marta Portero
- Advancis, Portugal: Ana Silveira
- University of Western Macedonia, Greece: Tharrenos Bratitsis and Michalis Ioannou
- LOOP.BZ, Denmark: Mads Lynge Clauson-Kaas and Mie Guldbæk Brøns
- Metropolia University of Applied Sciences, Finland: Hannu Markkanen and Eveliina Holmgren
- University of Helsinki, Finland: Minna Huotilainen and Vilhelmiina Harju