The opportunity is for a senior level, entrepreneurial and independent commercialisation enthusiast with in depth understanding of the drug discovery process, development of pharmaceuticals and biopharmaceuticals, and a proven ability to productize, protect and commercialise early phase life science assets.
Business Development Director will help us unlock the economic and societal impacts of biomedical, clinical and pharmaceutical research carried out at the University of Helsinki as well as in the interface of the University and Helsinki University Hospital. We are passionate about science and commercialisation and hope that you are too!
Within this role you will:
- Actively build relationships to researchers of the University of Helsinki and act at the interface to HUS to identify and evaluate inventions and business opportunities and coach therapeutic discovery and development ideas towards commercialisable assets.
- Have both strategic and operational hands-on approach to plan and support the progression of Business Finland funded projects aiming to commercialise assets coming from the University of Helsinki research in life sciences in general, and drug discovery in specific.
- Have an independent role in managing and performing commercialisation activities ranging from IPR potential assessment to therapeutic development strategies and plans, regulatory roadmaps, business model creation, and from licensing negotiations with biotech and pharmaceutical industry to supporting spin-out company creation.
- Develop and actively manage relationships to existing and new stakeholders at international level.
- Communicate effectively with University of Helsinki academics and senior administrative staff to deliver HIS’ corporate message.
The successful candidate must have at least 5 years of industrial experience in drug discovery activities as well as a proven track record in business development in pharmaceuticals, experience from startups/SMEs as a founder or other key person, or relevant background from the investor side of pharma/ biotech business, plus a good first degree in the life sciences. A PhD or MD/PhD is desirable.
Excellent digital content creation, communication and negotiation skills are essential, as your work requires fluent and effective communication with your peers at HIS, the University of Helsinki researchers, partner organisations, licensees, investors and other stakeholders.
The director we seek is comfortable presenting in front of different audiences and has excellent English oral and written skills. The person we are looking for is co-operative, highly motivated, energetic and a master of time and project management. Additionally, we wish that you are hungry for continuous development and eager to help improve the commercialisation processes and skills at HIS and the University of Helsinki.
The position is full time and available immediately when a suitable candidate is found. We will start interviewing suitable candidates on a rolling basis, so please send your application promptly.
For more information, please contact Milla Koistinaho, COO at HIS at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a phone call to discuss.
To apply, please submit your application with a CV and a salary request by 30 September 2021 to email@example.com.