The Doctoral Programme in Integrative Life Science (ILS) is an international doctoral program providing structured training in life science areas requiring multidisciplinary skills and capability to engage in multiprofessional cooperation.
- A community of 160 doctoral students from Finland and around the world
- Research and doctoral training in ILS includes the following fields of science:
- Proteomics and Metabolomics
- Genetics and Genomics
- Developmental Biology and Physiology
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Bioinformatics and Systems Biology
- Biochemistry, Biophysics and Structural Biology
- More than 70 expert supervisors with a substantial academic record
- Admissions: twice a year
- University-funded doctoral candidate positions: call for applications once a year
- Want to know how others did it before you? Browse our recent doctoral theses at the university’s open digital archive.
Did you know? In international comparisons, research at the University of Helsinki ranks among the leading European universities and close to the top 50 in the world.