Contact information for TZS
Boats, boat permits, diving, sampling and other equipment are administered by the technicians at TZS:
- Contact senior technician Göran Lundberg regarding boats (incl. R/V Augusta) and manufacturing of equipment.
- Contact research technician Jostein Solbakken regarding boats and sampling equipment
- Contact research technician Hanna Halonen regarding diving, boats and sampling equipment
- Contact research coordinator Laura Kauppi regarding microscopes, sampling equipment, AssemblePlus and AQUACOSMPlus
- Contact the coordinator for the Finnish Scientific Diving Academy Edward Stockdale regarding diving at TZS.
- Alf Norkko, professor
- Aleksandra Lewandowska
- Magnus Lindström
- Anna Villnäs
- Camilla Gustafsson
TZS is accessible by train from Helsinki or Turku. Buy a ticket to either Hanko or Lappohja. If you come from Helsinki airport, first take the train towards Helsinki (trains in either direction are fine, since the airport track is a loop) and change at Pasila to the train towards Turku. About one hour after leaving Helsinki (or Turku) you have to change trains at Karjaa. Take the local train to Hanko where there is a taxi station opposite the train- and bus station and wherefrom you can take a taxi to TZS (18 km). Phone numbers for taxis are 0800 02120 (Menevä) and 0100 7300 (Lähitaksi). There is also a train- and bus stop (but no taxi station) in Lappohja, from which there is 11 km to TZS. It is also easy to get to TZS by private car from Helsinki or Turku (125 km and 135 km respectively).
Address for GPS navigator: J.A. Palménin tie 260, 10900 Hanko, Finland.
Please note that TZS is relatively remote and the nearest shops, post office, restaurants etc. are located in Hanko (18 km).
Please also note that the area around TZS is protected as a nature conservation area.