This autumn, the Open University will again offer Finnish-language study modules and individual courses in dozens of disciplines in the form of lectures, online courses as well as book and electronic examinations. Most of the study programmes will be published by early July. Individual courses organised this autumn and next spring will also be announced in the autumn.
Courses in English:
- Finnish Political Culture and System 5 cr, online course and in Helsinki
- Introduction to Finnish Archaeology 5 cr
- Linguistic minorities in the EU, special focus on the Finnish case 5 cr
- Multi-Ethnicity, Social Work and the Welfare State 5 cr
- The Psychology of Leadership 5 cr
New registration process
You can register for courses flexibly throughout the year: registration begins at noon 45 days before the beginning of the course or module. For example:
- If studies begin on 6 September, registration begins at noon on 23 July.
- If a course begins on 25 October, registration begins at noon on 10 September.
For detailed registration dates, click on Enrol in the relevant study programme.
- You can register for studies until they begin. To check the registration status, click on Enrol in the relevant study programme.
- For the registration dates and practices of the Open University’s partner institutions, see the study programmes.
- The study fee of 15 euros per credit is payable online upon registration.
- Registration is binding; see registration and payment terms.
- A study fee can be refunded (for the sum exceeding 75 euros) only on receipt of a doctor’s certificate or if the Open University cancels the instruction.
- Study fees and cancellation terms vary at the Open University’s partner institutions.
Changes to student advice services
This summer, the advice services offered to those interested in Open University studies or needing information on registration has moved to the University’s Admissions Services. Contact
- via email email@example.com
- visit in Fabianinkatu 33, ground floor. See more information.
If you already study at Open University, please contact Siltavuori student services (for transcript of studies or changing your name)
- via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- visiting in Siltavuorenpenger 5 A, Minerva, K1, room 141d. See more information.
Before you contact student advice services, please carefully read the information on the following webpages: