All user accounts for the Open University’s website were cancelled on 17 March 2017. All services can now be accessed with a University of Helsinki username.
- If you are currently studying at the Open University, activate your University user account if you have not yet done so. You will need the University user account to register for examinations and for other purposes. Instructions for activating a user account
- You can also use the University of Helsinki user account to access the Open University’s My Pages service.
Summer courses 2017
Development Economics I 5 cr, lecture course, starts on 7 August
Development Economics II 5 cr, lecture course, starts on 16 August
Disability in a Global Perspective 5 cr, course, starts on 14 August
Global Political Economy 5cr, web course, starts on 15 August
The Psychology of Leadership 5 cr, lecture course, starts on 15 May
Registration begins 45 days before the beginning of the course
For example, registration for a course that begins on 15 May will begin on 31 March at 12.00, and for a course that begins on 7 August, on 23 June at 12.00. You can find the registration dates and times by selecting the right course programme and clicking on Enrol. All information (in Finnish) can also be found on the registration status site.
Registration takes place through the course programme for the course in question:
- Select the course programme and click on Enrol.
- If you are a new student (and you do not yet have a University of Helsinki user account), select the following option on the next page: Ilmoittaudu mukaan ilman tunnusta. (“Register without a user account.”)
- If you already have a University of Helsinki user account (you are a University student or employee or have a valid right to study at the Open University), select the following option on the next page: Ilmoittaudu mukaan Helsingin yliopiston käyttäjätunnuksella. (“Register with a University of Helsinki user account”).
You can register for courses until they begin. You can see the current registration status by selecting the right course programme and clicking on Enrol.
- The course fee is EUR 15 per credit. Some courses may also include material subject to a fee. The fees are payable online upon registration.
- After registering (usually the next day), you will receive an email message with information on your right to study and instructions for user accounts. Information about user account
- New: You will receive a helsinki.fi email address for the duration of your studies. The Open University’s email messages will be automatically sent to your helsinki.fi address unless you redirect them to another email address. Information about helsinki.fi email addresses
Are you an attending undergraduate student of the University of Helsinki?
- You need not pay any fees for summer studies, with the exception of material fees (if any) and the studies offered by the Helsinki Summer University.
- You can register for studies with your University of Helsinki user account by selecting the right course programme and clicking on Enrol.
- On the registration form, check the box confirming that you are an attending undergraduate student of the University of Helsinki.
- Remember to cancel your registration if you cannot attend! We can then reallocate your place to someone on the waiting list.