We asked our researchers and experts at Slush why to invest in science.
Five reasons to invest in science:
- The knowledge you get is reliable.
- Science makes your start-up more credible with years of research and significant fundings.
- Some innovations can only come from a strong scientific background.
- While investing in science you might get leverage that is not available in corporate environment.
- Science based start-ups provide great opportunities in terms of economic growth, profit and revenue growth in the future for the investors.
The Slush section of the University of Helsinki features a total of 13 innovations at different stages of the commercialisation process. At Slush, they are looking for partners, entrepreneurs and investors.