The members will provide information on the views of associates and partners about the expectations placed on the Faculty. The Faculty will receive valuable feedback from the members to support its strategic planning.
The advisory board will convene twice each academic year to discuss the Faculty’s teaching and research as well as public engagement. The advisory board will enable the Faculty to maintain contacts with society at large, the legal profession, alumni and various partners in academia as well as with students.
The advisory board can issue recommendations to the Faculty concerning strategic guidelines and can propose measures the Faculty should take. However, the advisory board’s decisions are not binding on the Faculty.
The advisory board will be chaired by Dean Pia Letto-Vanamo and coordinated by Communications Specialist Tapio Kovero. Vice-deans will also participate, as experts, in the advisory board’s activities.
After the first meeting of the advisory board, the members will attend the Faculty event for alumni and associates focusing on the role of law in the transforming world of work at Think Corner starting at 17.15.
Members of the advisory board 2018–2021:
- Heidi Andersson, LLD
- Anna-Maja Henriksson, Member of the Finnish Parliament
- Klaus Cawén, Member of the Executive Board, Kone Corporation
- Nora Liimatainen, Chair, Codex r.f.
- Markku Fredman, Attorney at Law, Law Firm Fredman & Månsson
- Rainer Hilli, Attorney at Law, Roschier, Attorneys Ltd
- Jemina Fallenius, Chair, Pykälä ry
- Niilo Jääskinen, Justice, Supreme Administrative Court
- Juha Häyhä, Justice, Supreme Court
- Mikko Könkkölä, President, Helsinki Court of Appeal
- Kari Lautjärvi, Attorney at Law, Dittmar & Indrenius Attorneys Ltd
- Heidi Merikalla-Teir, Director, Finland Chamber of Commerce
- Sofia Kinnunen, Chair, Justus ry
- Susanna Mehtonen, Legal Advisor, Amnesty International Finland
- Piia-Noora Kauppi, Managing Director, Finance Finland
- Ilkka Rahnasto, Vice President, Nokia
- Markus Äimälä, Director, Confederation of Finnish Industries
- Sami Sarvilinna, Chief Executive Officer, City of Helsinki
- Maija Sakslin, Deputy Parliamentary Ombudsman, Finnish Parliament
- Eero Blåfield, Director, Association of Finnish Lawyers
- Elise Pekkala, Deputy Director General, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment
- Timo Viherkenttä, Chief Executive Officer, State Pension Fund of Finland
More information: Tapio Kovero, Communications Specialist (firstname.lastname@example.org)