Monday 24.01.22 (NB:18:00-19:45 EET): Modern Perspectives on Ancient Migration (online)
- Dr. Nina Maaranen: People in Motion – Bioanthropology as a Tool for Investigating Past Migration and Mobility
- Dr. Vana Kalenderian: Interpreting Death: Migration and Burial in Roman Beirut
Thursday 24.02.22 (16:15-18:00 EET): Cultic Experts in the Ancient World (online or hybrid)
- Dr. Sandra Jacobs: Language of Temple (Personnel) Consecration: From Babylon to the Hebrew Bible
- Dr. Outi Sihvonen: Taking Care of the Cultic Practices – The Assistants of the Arval Brethren and the Vestal Virgins
Thursday 24.03.22 (16:15-18:00 EET): Decipherment of Ancient Scripts (online or hybrid)
- Dr. Thomas Christiansen: The Twisted Roads Leading to the Decipherment of the Hieroglyphs: From Horapollo to Champollion
- Dr. Irving Finkel: Cuneatics and Cuneiform: the Deciphering Days
Thursday 05.05.22 (16:15-18:00 EEST): Teaching the Ancient Past (online or hybrid)
- Dr. Heinz Felber & Prof. Dr. Monica Hanna: Teaching the Past from a Heritage Perspective – the Cologne Aswan Summer School in Heritage Studies
- Dr. Aris Politopoulos: Virtual Past, Playful Present: Video Games and Learning about the Past
All sessions can be attended virtually via Zoom (https://helsinki.zoom.us/j/67889792118 / Meeting ID: 678 8979 2118). In the case of hybrid events, the format and on campus location will be announced in the session specific posts – so stay tuned.
We hope to see you online (or in person)!