- Textbook collections are available both in the Main Library on the 3rd floor and the Viikki Pop-up Library on the 4th floor of the Info Centre: You are able to pick up textbooks from the shelves and borrow them using the self-service machines. On the 3rd floor of the Kaisa House also short-term loans and study support materials are available.
- Other materials must be requested in advance in Helka database and retrieved as a self-service from the reservation pick-up area. Only one person is allowed in the pick-up area at a time.
More information regarding the restrictions has been updated on the library's website. You'll find all the electonic customer service channels there as well.
Changes to the library's services can occur quickly during an exceptional situation. The library follows the recommendations and regulations of the University of Helsinki, the Finnish State, the University Central Hospital (HUS) and the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL).
Exceptions in opening hours on Ascension Day
On Wednesday, May 12, the Main Library and Viikki have normal opening hours. On Ascension Day, May 13, the libraries are closed.
The Campus Libraries in Kumpula and Meilahti, as well as the Learning Centres Minerva and Aleksandria remain fully closed until May 16.
Avoid long and unnecessary stays at the library
The safety of our customers and staff is important to us.
- Only visit the library when you're healthy. Long and unnecessary stays at the library should be avoided, so please keep your visits as short as possible.
- Use a face mask.
- Take care of hand hygiene.
- Keep adequate distance from other customers and staff.
- Please follow the instructions in the library when picking up books.