The FuGU laboratory has a wide range of instruments available for Next Generation Sequencing, sample QC, NanoString gene expression profiling, Microarray slide scanning and high-throughput qPCR
FuGU Genomics Instruments
FuGU's Illumina NextSeq 500 sequencer can be be used for medium scale Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) projects including:
- Whole transcriptome RNAseq (after ribo-depletion)
- Coding transcriptome RNAseq (after mRNA capture with PolyA binding beads
- Whole genome sequencing for bacterial and small genomes
- Shotgun Metagenomics
The NextSeq 500 is frequently used by laboratories which make there own sequencing libraries but need access to a medium-scale sequencer.
For larger scale sequencing projects, sequening libraries can be made at FuGU and then sequenced on the NovaSeq 6000 sequencer which is located at FIMM which is one of our HGI partner labs.
FuGU's Illumina MiSeq FGx can be used for both normal Illumina sequencing projects and for Verogen's forensic "Forenseq" sequencing for human identity testing. The sequencer is also availabe for use for research labs outside of FuGU.
Total reads from a MiSeq run range from 1M (Nano) to 25M (V3). The MiSeq V3 600 cycle flow cell can produce up to 2x300bp reads.
Examples of projects run at FuGU:
- 16S rRNA amplicon metagenomics
- Whole genome sequencing of small bacterial and fungal genomes
- Sequencing of small exome panels
- ForenSeq DNA Signature Prep
- ForenSeq mtDNA Control region (on request)
- ForenSeq mtDNA Whole genome (future)
The NanoString nCounter SPRINT Profiler uses NanoString’s molecular barcoding technology to profile RNA, DNA or protein samples.
- Fast turnaround (potentially within 1 day)
- Samples can be directly quantitated without an intermediate PCR step
- Multi-analyte assays can assay both RNA and Protein from the same sample
- Panels available include:
For more information please contact FuGU support at firstname.lastname@example.org
High-throughput qPCR using Fluidigm's 48.48 and 96.96 array format
- Suitable for both TaqMan and EvaGreen chemistry
- 48.48 array - 48 samples and 48 assays gives 2304 total data points per qPCR run
- 96.96 array - 96 samples and 96 assays gives 9216 total data points per qPCR run
- The Biomark can also be used for detecting protein Biomarkers from Biological samples using Olink technology (Olink Target 96)
Each Olink Target 96 panel can process 88 Biological samples at a time using the Proximity Extension Assay (PEA) technique. Commonly used sample types include blood serum and plasma
Full list of panels and sample types supported can be found on the Olink webpage.
Agilent TapeStation 4200 provides high-throughput fragment analysis of RNA, DNA and Genomic DNA
ScreenTapes commonly used at FuGU:
- RNA ScreenTape - (25-500 ng per microlitre)
- RNA HighSensitivity - (0.5-25 ng per microlitre)
- DNA D5000 High Sensitivity (0.01 - 1 ng per microlitre)
- Genomic DNA (5-300 ng per microlitre)