Flow Cytometry Unit at University of Helsinki is using iLab, an online
system to streamline the process of ordering and billing for core service requests. All facility users are
invited to use the system, which requires a one-time registration as discussed below. Once you are
registered, the system will enable you to place service requests, provide required approvals, and monitor
To register for an account:
- Complete the registration form on the sign-up page.
- Receive a Welcome Email from iLab (typically within one business day) with login credentials.
To Create a Service Request:
Using your iLab login credentials, you can place a service request.
- Login here using the Sign in option on the upper-right.
- Enter the credentials received in your welcome email from iLab.
- Select the Request Services tab and click on the Request Service button next to the service of interest.
- You will be asked to complete a form before submitting the request to the core.
- Your request will be pending review by the core. The core will review your request and either Agree to the work or they will ask for more information if needed.
To Create an Equipment Reservation:
Once you have been accepted into your PI’s lab, you can schedule equipment time.
- Navigate to the core page: https://eu.ilabsolutions.com/service_center/show_external/3607
- At the upper right hand of the page, click Sign in
- Enter your email and password, and sign in.
- Select the Schedule Equipment tab and click on the ‘View Schedule’ button next to the instrument of interest. Click and drag on the time frame you would like to schedule your reservation for.
- A window will pop up that will allow you to verify your reservations details and provide payment information before saving the reservation.
More detailed instructions are available in the HelpSite. For any questions not addressed in the manual,
click on the “HELP” link in the upper right hand corner or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The iLab - UH Team