HTB unit provides services and expertise in :
- lab automation
- cell-based and biochemical high-throughput screening
- access to liquid handling instruments
- chemical and siRNA libraries
News and announcements:
- 24. September 2021 - WE ARE HIRING! - FIMM High Throughput Biomedicine (HTB) team is looking for a new laboratory coordinator to manage the laboratory, support assay development and day-to-day operations in a laboratory focused on high throughput compound screening in the field of personalized medicine research.
- 23. August 2021 - mandatory use of iLAB for all new projects starts
We would like to inform you that the FIMM High Throughput Biomedicine (HTB) Unit has started to use iLAB online system to streamline the process of ordering and billing for core service requests. In the second phase of implementation, we are planning to transfer also the equipment reservations from Google Calendar to iLAB booking calendar (more instructions later). All facility users are invited to use the system, which requires a one-time registration. Once you are registered, the system will enable you to place service requests, provide required approvals, and monitor progress. In practice, this would mean that the next order should be done in iLAB. Please see below for more detailed instructions.
Please notice that we are also in the beginning of using iLAB ourselves, so don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions. We are willing to help when necessary. The submitted requests can be discussed using the ‘comment’ –function in iLAB. This way all data concerning a certain project is in one place, and not lost in email boxes.
If you have general ideas, suggestions, needs, comments or problems when placing an order, you can send your feedback via email to fimm-htb-ilab (at) helsinki.fi . We will try our best to add, correct and modify the system so that it would be as user friendly and informative as possible.
- 6. April 2021 - HTB starts using iLAB software for equipment booking, project management and billing. Please register at iLAB and start using it for all your projects involving HTB.
- 1. January 2021 - HTB has revised its pricing policy in accordance with University of Helsinki guidelines. The major change is that we start charging for work hours spent by HTB personnel on each project.