starting from 1st of January, 2020 the microscope reservations are done using Open IRIS system
Reservations for the electron microscopes can be done through our electronic reservation system. Before you can make the reservation, you will need a valid user account. Submission of new projects is done using the EMBI Project Request form that can be found under the Service tab within Open IRIS (external users, please follow the additional instructions available here).
Extension of the running projects can be done from OpenIRIS->Dashboard->Inbox
Detailed instructions are available from OpenIRIS Wiki.
Important to know before booking:
- Booking of the equipment before use is compulsory
- Cancellations should be done before 16.00 on a day before reservation starts. If the reservation is not cancelled you will be charged for it.
- Charging is done according to reserved slots
- Accumulated bills will be sent out approximately 3-4 times per year
- Only trained users are allowed to use microscopes
First-time users will need to book the microscope training at the same time, and this can be done directly in Open IRIS or by contacting EM unit stuff via e-mail (embi-staff -at- helsinki.fi)