Our research goal is to understand how proteins exert their functions at atomic resolution in living organisms and to create new biotechnological and biomedical applications by protein engineering, based on biophysical and structural information of proteins.
The main research foci of Hideo Iwai's group are
- Protein Structure and Dynamics by NMR Spectroscopy and X-ray crystallography.
- Protein Ligation by Protein Splicing and Proteases.
- Structure-based protein design and protein engineering.
- Why do introns and inteins exist?
- Iwai lab website
- Hideo's University of Helsinki staff profile
Hideo is a Principal Investigator/Research Director at BI and the Director of the Finnish Biological NMR Center.
Hideo Iwai, PhD, Docent
Institute of Biotechnology, HiLIFE
P.O.Box 65 (Viikinkaari 1)
00014 University of Helsinki
Phone: +358 2 941 59752