Search the item you want to reserve and log in to the Helka database
- University of Helsinki students and staff with their university credentials
- other customers by email. Helka will send a login link to the email address in your customer information.
Select the pick-up location from where you want to collect your reservation. You will find the options in Helka.
- If all copies are on loan, you can select any university library location for pick-up.
- If the book is on the shelf, you cannot select the library location where the book is available.
- As an exception, special service customers and the Helsinki University staff can select also the library where the book is on the shelf.
- Textbooks can only be reserved when all copies are on loan. Reserved textbooks must always be collected from the library site to whose collections the book belongs.
The Helsinki University staff can also order books (excluding textbooks) and journal articles to their desk (HUPS request). Please note that library has to have your current email address in Helka in order to process your reservations. If you encouter any trouble, contact the library to check the email address and staff member status.
Check your customer data in Helka to find out when you can collect your requested materials. You will also receive an email notification when the item you have reserved is ready for collection. On the notification you will find a request ID, which you will need when collecting your reservation. Your request ID can only be found on the notification, it does not appear in your customer account in Helka.
Collect your reservation as a self-service from the reservation pick-ups shelf where you will find it under your request ID. You can borrow reserved books only with the card used for the reservation.