HELSUS Members and HELSUS Student Members are part of the international research community that work together towards a more sustainable future. HELSUS Membership is open for researches who have completed a Doctoral Dissertation and work with sustainability science-related issues in the University of Helsinki or for PhD students who are working with sustainability science topics within the University of Helsinki.
- gains a double affiliation (e.g. Helsinki Institute of Sustainability Science, Faculty of Science)
- is a part of an interdisciplinary research community with vibrant new activities
- establish new contacts both nationally and internationally
- is eligible to apply for HELSUS fellowships and visitors’ program and seed funding (HELSUS members from the HELSUS faculties only)
HELSUS faculties 2019 are Faculty of Social Sciences, Faculty of Arts and Humanities, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Educational Sciences, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry and Faculty of Biological and Environmental Sciences.
HOW TO APPLY?
As a researcher, you must meet the following requirements:
CRITERIA FOR HELSUS MEMBERS
- A researcher with a doctoral degree, affiliated to University of Helsinki
- Research focuses on complex sustainability problems and/or sustainability transformation, and may be connected to one of the research areas of HELSUS (urban, Arctic, Global South, consumption and production, theory and methodology).
- Plans for future research directions towards sustainability science
- Evidence of past and ongoing research (published in peer-review articles)
CRITERIA FOR HELSUS STUDENT MEMBERS
- PhD Students in the field of sustainability science
For HELSUS Member applicants (group 1), we ask you to attach a list of publications (max 3 pages) to the form.
HELSUS Membership applications will be evaluated four times a year by the HELSUS Steering Group with representatives from faculties of social science, arts and humanities, education, law, science, agriculture and forestry and biological and environmental sciences. The application form will be continuously open and available online.