We are building a research culture that creates new multidisciplinary and inspiring research collaboration on the City Centre Campus of the University of Helsinki and with partners outside the university. We promote the renewal of content and methodology in the research fields in social sciences and humanities.
Our goal is to be among the five best scientific institutes in Europe in our field by 2030. HSSH was founded in 2020.
The tasks of the institute are:
- Strengthen the research collaboration in the social sciences and humanities to generate new multidisciplinary research projects
- Coordinate the efficient use of research infrastructures
- Promote the scientific and social impact of social sciences and humanities research nationally and internationally
- Long-term development of research methods and the utilization of digital data
- Improve researchers' access to external research funding - specifically from international sources