The Faculty is led by the dean. The dean selects vice-deans to support him or her in the development of the Faculty, the implementation of the Strategic Plan of the University and the promotion of interdepartmental cooperation as determined by the dean. During the operating period 2018-2021, the Faculty is acting with two vice-deans, whose primary areas of responsibility encompass research, teaching and Swedish-language affairs.
The Faculty Council consists of the Dean and 11 other members. The members and their deputies are elected for a four-year term (student members for two years). The professors and assistant professors elect eight members amongst themselves. The other personnel and the students both elect three members amongst themselves.
FACULTY COUNCIL MEMBERS 2018-2021
Chairman of the Faculty Council
Dean Antti Sukura
(Vice Professor Outi Vainio)
- Professor Mari Heinonen, Department of Production Animal Medicine (professor Anna Valros)
- Professor Raimo Pohjanvirta, Department of Food Hygiene and Environmental Health (professor Miia Lindström)
- Professor Outi Vainio, Department of Equine and Small Animal Medicine (professor Thomas Spillman)
- Professor Tomi Taira, Department of Veterinary Biosciences (professor Antti Iivanainen)
Other teachers and researchers and other staff
- University Lecturer Mikael Niku (University Lecturer Riikka Laukkanen-Ninios)
- Clinical teacher Heli Simojoki (Klinisk lärare Thomas Grönthal)
- Animal physiotherapist Heli Hyytiäinen (Hospital veterinarian Jenni Sukura)
- VetMed Student Riikka Kokko (VetMed Student Riikka Nikitin)
- VetMed Student Joanna Martikainen (VetMed Student Henrik Meriläinen)
- VetMed Student Milla Takala (VetMed Student Anniina Lehmus)
As the faculty council secretary works Services Coordinator Kati Laalo (Vice Maija Mäkinen)
Materials must be submitted two weeks before the meeting.
Faculty Council meetings 2021: