The Faculty of Social Sciences offers a multidisciplinary, high-quality research environment for researchers applying for competitive research funding.
If you plan to apply for funding for a research post as Academy Postdoctoral Researcher or Academy Research Fellow, please contact the head of the academic discipline or research unit most relevant for your research project in good time before the call’s deadline.
After receiving the acceptance from the discipline or research unit, you can ask for the commitment of the Faculty of Social Sciences from the vice-dean Petri Ylikoski. The commitment is requested through the university's financial system no later than two weeks before the call’s deadline. The project accountant of the discipline or research unit will help you with requesting the commitment and drafting the project budget.
The Faculty’s academic disciplines and research units and their contact persons:
- Global development studies: university lecturer Marjaana Jauhola
- Practical philosophy: university lecturer Kristian Klockars
- Political history: professor Kimmo Rentola
- Social and cultural anthropology: professor Sirpa Tenhunen
- Social psychology: professor Inga Jasinskaja-Lahti
- Social work: professor Maritta Törrönen
- Sociology: professor Eeva Luhtakallio
- Economic and social history: professor Jari Eloranta
- Economics: professor Jani Luoto
- Media and communication studies: professor Esa Väliverronen
- Political science: professor Johanna Jääsaari
- Social and public policy: university lecturer Anu Katainen
- Centre for European Studies: professor, research director Juhana Aunesluoma
- Centre for Consumer Society Research: director Päivi Timonen
- Institute of Criminology and Legal Policy: director Tapio Lappi-Seppälä
- Centre for Research Methods and Social Statistics: professor Krista Lagus