The undergraduate and graduate level degrees offered by the Faculty of Pharmacy are:
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy (farmaseutti). The Bachelor’s degree consists of 180 credits and completing the degree takes three years.
- Master of Science in Pharmacy (proviisori). The Master’s degree consists of 120 credits and completing the degree takes 5 years as a whole (Bachelor’s degree + two years).
- Master in Science in Master’s Programme in Pharmaceutical Research, Development and Safety. The master’s degree consists of 120 credits (ECTS), the equivalent to two years of full-time studying.
The language of tuitions
The language of tuition in the Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy (farmaseutti) degree and Master of Science in Pharmacy (proviisori)'s degree in Pharmacy is mainly Finnish. Therefore it is required that the applicants have a sufficient knowledge of Finnish or Swedish already when they apply. The language of the Master’s programme in pharmaceutical research, development and safety is English. When applying for these programmes, one must demonstrate the relevant language proficiency according to the University of Helsinki guidelines. The means of proving your language skills you can find here.
Applicants can apply to:
- The undergraduate level programme only (right to take only Bachelor programme)
- The undergraduate and graduate level programmes (right to take both Bachelor and Master programmes)
- The Master’s programme in pharmaceutical research, development and safety (right to take the programme qualifying for a Master in Science degree)
The admission to the Bachelor of Science (Pharmacy) and Master of Science (Pharmacy) degrees is based on an entrance examination. More information on application process and deadlines is available: University of Helsinki Degree Finder.
The eligibility requirement for the Master of Science (Pharmacy) programme is a Bachelor of Science (Pharmacy) degree from a Finnish university. Applicants with another undergraduate degree from Finland or a Bachelor’s Degree (in Pharmacy or other subject) from abroad cannot apply to the Master of Science (Pharmacy) Programme directly.
The Master’s programme in pharmaceutical research, development and safety welcomes applications from candidates with an undergraduate degree in any relevant field of natural sciences. Eligibility to apply for this master's programme requires an applicable bachelor's degree or other equivalent qualification. The first application period will start at the end of 2021. The applicants will be ranked in a two-stage process involving scoring of the academic merits and an interview.