Study rights

Patsas. Photo: Mika Federley

Completing studies requires a right to pursue studies in the discipline in question. Most students have a right to pursue a Bachelor and/or Master of Arts degree acquired through the admission process. The degrees have been planned in such a way that they can be completed in five years, which is also the target duration of the degree as defined in legislation.

If you are interested in completing a degree at the Faculty, please consult the Apply to the Faculty page that contains a list of disciplines available at the Faculty. The discipline descriptions include further information about different ways to apply for a right to pursue a degree.

You may also complete studies at the Faculty as a non-degree or exchange student or through the Flexible Study Right scheme. The right to complete non-degree studies at the Faculty is meant for Master’s or Bachelor’s degree holders interested in completing specific courses. The Flexible Study Right scheme is aimed at students enrolled at another Finnish university interested in completing specific courses at the Faculty. For further information on the Flexible Study Right scheme or to submit a flexible study right application, please consult the website. Student exchange is aimed at degree students enrolled at a foreign university. If you are interested in the studies offered at the Faculty, please note that many of the disciplines are also available at the Open University.

The Studies in the teaching subject for subject teachers page on the Instructions for students -website contains information on the disciplines in which you can qualify as a teacher at the Faculty of Arts (the studies required for obtaining teacher qualifications and instructions for completing them) and instructions for applying for an equivalency certificate.