1) The Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry accepts applications for the title of docent twice a year. The application periods are 1-31 January and 1-31 August.
2) Before submitting an application, prospective applicants are required to contact the relevant head of department. Contact details: https://www.helsinki.fi/en/faculty-of-agriculture-and-forestry/faculty/departments-and-units
3) After the application period has finished, the Research and Infrastructure Committee of the faculty will process the fields of the docentship applications.
4) The Faculty Council names the assessors for each docentship application according to the proposal of the Head of Department.
5) After the assessors have been named, the Faculty’s Teaching Skills Committee evaluates the applicant’s teaching skills (including the demonstration lecture). The applicant will be sent separate instructions on how to book a time slot for the demonstration lecture.
6) The Faculty Council will process the application the second time, once the assessor statements and the teaching skills evaluation statement have been received. If the applicant fulfils the requirements set for the title of docent, the Faculty Council will make a proposal to the Chancellor for the applicant’s nomination as docent at the University of Helsinki.
7) The Chancellor decides on whether the title of the docent is granted to the applicant.
Applicants should take into consideration that the application process is extensive, spanning several months from the date of submission.
Application materials (preferably in English)
- An English-language application written by the applicant, indicating:
- The field of the prospective nomination
- The title of the applicant's demonstration lecture in the field of the prospective nomination
- An applicant from outside Finland must also present a copy of his/her passport
2. An English-language CV and a certificate of language skills (copies of certificates attesting to the applicant’s skills in the Finnish and Swedish languages must accompany the application) as well as a brief English-language report of the following:
- Research and scientific activities
- Involvement in administrative duties
- Other activities which the applicant wishes to bring to the Faculty’s attention
3. Description of teaching qualifications (Applicants are asked to follow the guidelines and to describe their teaching qualifications in as much detail as possible)
The above documents (sections 2-3) can also be submitted as an academic portfolio.
4. A numbered list of publications. The listed publications should be classified as follows:
a) Articles in international scientific journals with referee practice
b) Articles in international scientific compilation works and international scientific conference proceedings with referee practice
c) Articles in Finnish scientific journals with referee practice
d) Articles in Finnish scientific compilation works and Finnish scientific conference proceedings with referee practice
e) Scientific monographs
f) Other scientific publications, such as articles in scientific non-refereed journals and publications in university and institute series. In addition, other publications (textbooks, articles popularising science, etc.), patents, computer programs, presentations, visiting lectures, radio and TV programmes, etc., may be listed separately. In the case of unpublished manuscripts, the applicant shall specify the stage of the publishing process at the time of the closing of the applications.
5. those works (original copy/offprint/photocopy) contained in the list of publications with which the applicant wishes to demonstrate his or her competence in the field of the docentship. If these publications contain coauthored publications, the applicant must provide an account of the division of labour between the authors.
Prospective applicants for a docentship must first consult with a relevant head of department before submitting an application. Contact details: https://www.helsinki.fi/en/faculty-of-agriculture-and-forestry/faculty/departments-and-units
The applications for the title of docent are submitted through the University of Helsinki Electronic Recruitment System. The application periods are 1-31 January and 1-31 August. Applications can be submitted only during the application period.
The applications for the title of docent are submitted through the University of Helsinki Electronic Recruitment System.
Internal applicants, who are current employees of the University of Helsinki, leave their application via the SAP HR portal, which they can access through Flamma. In SAP HR, please choose: Employment opportunities - Application via Reference code - Reference code: HY17833 - Docentship at the Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry
External applicants submit their applications at https://rekry.helsinki.fi/start. After logging in, please search for the right call for applications: Employment opportunities - Application via Reference Code - Reference code: HY17835 - Docentship at the Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry
Please note, that without the correct reference code, the application cannot be allocated to the right position.
Docentship applicants are not required to fill in all parts of the profile section, the above documents as attachments are sufficient enough.