Complete the electronic application form at:
The form is open from Monday 17 January until Sunday 13 February 2022 23:59 Finnish time (UTC +2:00). Late applications cannot be considered for evaluation.
Upload the following material to the electronic application form as a single PDF file:
(1) A cover letter of no more than one page that (a) states the purpose of the research stay, (b) describes how the fellowship would benefit the research of the applicant, and (c) describes how the applicant would contribute to the Aleksanteri Institute’s research agenda.
(2) A research proposal of no more than 2,500 words (excluding references) that must include your name, the title of your research proposal, and all the following sub-headings:
- Background, objectives, and research question(s)
- Research methods and research materials
- Work plan for the visit
Instructions: In the work plan for the proposed visit, specify which part of the research you intend to carry out during the research visit. This should also include information on the specific type of work you are planning to do (for example, working on an article or a book manuscript, analysing data, collecting material, using library or archival sources).
- Links of the proposed research with the Aleksanteri Institute’s research profile
- References (Works cited in sections 1. and 2.)
At the end of the research proposal, please indicate the word count (max. 2,500 words, excluding references).
(3) The applicant’s CV (max. 2 pages).
(4) A list of relevant publications by the applicant (max. 2 pages).
For all the above documents, please use font size 11 or 12. All page margins should be at least 1.5 cm.