The Aleksanteri Conference is one of the largest annual conferences of Russian and Eastern European Studies in the world. It is arranged in Helsinki in late October and stretches over three days. Over 200 papers are presented during the 50 panel sessions and more than 400 participants attend the conference every year. The theme of the conference varies from year to year, and some of the most interesting and distinguished scholars on the current topic are invited as keynote speakers.
Aleksanteri Conference 2022: Russia and Global Insecurity
The next Aleksanteri Conference is scheduled to take place on 26 - 28 October 2022 at the University of Helsinki. Call for Papers will be published in February 2022 on the conference website.
Past Aleksanteri Conferences:
- 2021 Eurasia and Global Migration
- 2019 Technology, Culture, and Society in the Eurasian Space
- 2018 Liberation – Freedom – Democracy? 1918–1968–2018
- 2017 Russia's Choices for 2030
- 2016 Life and Death in Russia
- 2015 Culture and Russian Society
- 2014 Restructuring State and Society in Russia
- 2013 Russia and the World
- 2012 Competition and Good Society
- 2011 The Dragon and the Bear
- 2010 Fuelling the Future?
- 2009 Cold War
- 2008 WGA
- 2007 Perestroika
- 2006 Constructing Identities
- 2005 Rural Transform
- 2004 Democracy