The Master’s degree in Science applying theoretical and computational methods gives you an excellent basis for postgraduate studies or for careers outside Academia in Finland or internationally. Usually, Masters of Science employed within research and R&D in industry are well paid.
As a graduate with an MSc degree you could embark on a career in:
- Industry, especially advanced technology corporations (applied research and R&D, leadership)
- Universities and research institutes abroad and in Finland (basic scientific research)
- Teaching in universities and universities of applied sciences
- Software engineering, e.g. gaming industry
- Various design and consultation jobs in the public and private sectors
Masters of Science employed within research and R&D within industries are usually well paid. Graduates of similar programmes in the earlier degree system have found employment as
- researchers and teachers in universities and research institutes in Finland and abroad (e.g. CERN, ESA, NASA),
- in administration (e.g. the Finnish Academy), and
- in private corporations.
The strong analytical skills provided by the education are sought after in areas such as
- data analysis (industries, media companies, gaming industry, finance), and
- corporate research, product development, and consultation (e.g. Nokia, Ericsson, Apple, Sanoma, Spinverse, Supercell, Nielsen, Valo Research and Trading, Planmeca, Reaktor, Comptel, Vaisala, KaVo Kerr Group, IndoorAtlas and Goldman Sachs).