With a Master’s degree in Integrative Plant Sciences, you have many potential career opportunities. You can move directly into working life as an expert and innovator in your field, supported by your language, communication, lab and other transferable skills, or continue with postgraduate (doctoral) studies.
Studies are part of your career. At the University of Helsinki, all degrees include career planning. The Career Services at the University of Helsinki, in cooperation with degree programmes, supports the growth of your expert identity as part of your studies and with separate services.
From the start of your studies until one year after the completion of your degree, the Career Services supports your career path.
- gives career counselling and job seeking support,
- arranges info sessions, workshops and events,
- provides suitable job and traineeship offers for students,
- shares university’s subsidy for traineeships and
- facilitates group mentoring programmes.
With a Master’s degree in Integrative Plant Sciences, you will have many potential career opportunities in working life or in doctoral studies. You can work especially
- As a doctoral student, researcher and/or part-time teacher at universities or other institutions of higher education
- As a researcher in national and international institutions in the public and private sectors
- As an expert, civil servant, authority or PR officer in public administration
- In various positions in international organisations or enterprises engaged in bioeconomy
- As an entrepreneur or consultant in the biological or environmental sectors of business
After graduating from the Master’s Programme you can apply for doctoral programmes in Finland or elsewhere. In Finland the requirements for a doctoral degree are 40 credits plus a doctoral dissertation. Cooperation with Finnish and international institutions ensures excellent prospects for your successful doctoral studies.
The primary doctoral programmes at the University of Helsinki in this area of research are:
- DPPS, Doctoral Programme in Plant Sciences;
- LUOVA, Doctoral Programme in Wildlife Biology Research;
- AGFOREE, Doctoral Programme in Sustainable Use of Renewable Natural Resources;
Other relevant doctoral programmes are:
- DENVI, Doctoral Programme in Interdisciplinary Environmental Sciences;
- ILS, Integrative Life Science Doctoral Programme
Further information about doctoral education at the University of Helsinki.
All previous University of Helsinki degree and exchange students, as well as employees, are our alumni. The number close to 200,000 worldwide, and more than 30,000 of us are already part of alumni activities.
Read more about the Helsinki alumni and their activities.
Learn more about the Alumni Association of University of Helsinki.